Do you have unsightly missing teeth that keep you from smiling as much as you’d like to? Is it challenging to talk or eat because of poor-fitting dentures? Then you might want to consider dental implants from Plano family dentist Dr. Trent Nguyen.
Dental Implant Procedure
WebMD defines the first step following your consultation as the tooth root implant (a small post made of titanium) being placed into the bone socket of the missing tooth. The healing process, which can take about three months, involves the jawbone growing around the implanted metal post.
After the implant bonds to the jawbone, a small connector post is attached to the post to effectively hold the new tooth. Dr. Nguyen will then make your new tooth or teeth using impressions, as well as a model of your bite. The replacement tooth, or crown, is then attached to the small connector post.
Dr. Nguyen’s expertise and use of the latest technology allows him to match the color of your new tooth or teeth seamlessly to your natural teeth.
We get asked occasionally about the pain level involved in a dental implant procedure. Previous patients of ours have said that they experience little, if any, discomfort. Local anesthesia can be used during the procedure, and as always, Dr. Nguyen ensures that patients are at ease and comfortable.
Dental Implant Benefits
Dental implants provide a number of benefits. For one, they are designed to look and feel like your own teeth. That’s because dental implants are made from titanium – a special material that has been studied and proven to work best when fused with human bone, allowing them to become permanent. The fact that dental implants work and function like your own teeth open the door to a number of other positives:
- You will enjoy eating favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- You will notice that your speech improves.
- Your overall oral health will take a step forward. That’s because dental implants don’t require nearby teeth to support the implant. Therefore, more of your teeth remain intact, improving long-term oral health. As long as you maintain sound oral hygiene habits (regular brushing, flossing, and routine dental appointments), you can feel confident in your dental implants.
- You don’t have to worry about removing your dental implants the way you would with removable dentures. With implants, there are no messy adhesives since the material is permanent.
- Patients sometimes ask about the durability of dental implants. But the reality is that implants are incredibly durable and should last a lifetime provided you care for them as instructed.
At Avue Cosmetic Dentistry, we want our patients to feel good about coming in for affordable dental implants. Whether you’re looking for a second opinion on your teeth or want to take advantage of our holiday specials, we are here to serve you! Dr. Nguyen brings 10 years of experience to our practice. Contact us today to set up your free consultation. From there, we will guide through the process of whether or not you will be a good candidate for dental implants.